Do not do in code what can be done in infrastructure

Or subtitle: Maybe distributed programming is no longer a programming problem? (For the obvious impaired: This is meant to be more thought provoking than an actual truth) Over the last decade we have seen the emergence of cloud computing, multi core, and micro service architectures. Due to this there have been a trend for new…More

Wire – Writing one of the fastest .NET serializers

First of all, there is no such thing as “the fastest” serializer, it is all contextual.But under some conditions, I would however argue that Wire is, by far, the fastest of all the .NET serializers out there. Given the following POCO type. Round tripping one million objects of this type, that is, serializing and then…More

Random things learned building Akka.NET – Part 1

In this short post I will explain some of the things I’ve learned building Akka.NET. I will describe some of the friction points I have noticed and why I personally don’t use features like Akka Cluster to build entire systems. Some of these thoughts might be obvious, some might be naive, but they do reflect…More

Building a framework – The early Akka.NET history

In this post, I will try to cover some of the early history of Akka.NET and how and why things turned out the way they did. Akka.NET of course have some parallel histories going as there are many contributors on the project. But the post is written from my own point of view and my…More

Akka.NET + Azure: Azure ServiceBus integration

I know that there is some confusion out there on how Akka.NET relates to products like NServiceBus and Azure ServiceBus, I think that Akka.NET Co-founder Aaron Stannard said it the best; they’re very complimentary Akka.NET makes a great consumer or producer for NServiceBus Another closely related question that comes up from time to time is how to integrate Akka.NET…More